Vice Chair for Clinical Operations
UTHSCSA Radiology commits to providing outstanding patient care by combining excellence in clinical imaging, research, and educational programs with progressive state of the art technology. Our patients, students, residents, and fellows come first. We strive to provide a vigorous, energizing, and collaborative approach towards each of our academic, clinical, and research missions.
Clinical Division Values:
- The safety and well-being of our patients is our first priority.
- Deliver all services in a professional, compassionate, ethical and efficient manner that ensures safe and appropriate utilization of diagnostic and interventional radiological services.
- Practice at the leading edge of radiology with innovative and invigorated medical approaches that invite collaboration and teamwork within each of our academic, research and service missions.
- Provide the highest quality of diagnostic, interventional and research-based radiological services and establish ourselves as valuable colleagues and consultants to referring physicians, clinical partners and the community we serve.
UTHSCSA Radiology is a part of UT Medicine of San Antonio and our physicians provide professional radiology services for University Health System, the Medical Arts Research Center known as the “MARC”, and the Cancer Therapy and Research Center (CTRC).
The Division of Clinical Radiology is responsible for:
- The management and delivery of clinical radiology services for patients of San Antonio and surrounding communities.
- Providing educational and clinical training in imaging and image guided therapies for residents, fellows, medical students and for San Antonio.
- Performing well-designed high quality research for the purposes of early diagnosis of diseases and for the improvement of patient care and services.
The division is comprised of nine clinical sections: Abdominal Imaging and Intervention, Breast Imaging and Intervention, Cardiothoracic Radiology, General Radiology, Musculoskeletal Imaging, Neuroradiology, Nuclear Radiology, Pediatric Radiology, and Vascular Interventional Radiology. The majority of our clinical physicians are fellowship trained in a sub-specialty.
Our clinical research section is another vital and relatively new component of our clinical division. Since its inception, our clinical trials division has established a national and international reputation for Drug and Device Development for both major pharmaceutical and non-profit humanitarian sponsors.
In 2010, the department initiated an International Societal Educational Outreach Program that supports international educational programs abroad. The Outreach Program provides a forum that encourages an exchange of academic and research concepts and promotes the Health Science Center’s medical advances abroad. The program’s primary objective is to provide a practical teaching curriculum for international physicians who order, perform, or interpret MRI, CT and interventional studies. The curriculum is strategically formulated and designed by UT faculty members in collaboration with the societal sponsor and reflects innovative Advanced Imaging Strategies in all body areas. To date, Outreach Programs have been successfully presented at international societal meetings in Spain, Colombia, Greece, India and Argentina. Future international outreach meetings are currently being developed.
In addition to our exemplary clinical and patient services, the Division of Clinical Radiology offers physician trainees educational opportunities in our residency programs: Diagnostic Radiology and our combined Radiology/ Ph.D. Program which is the only one of its kind in the United States.
Our division also supports year-long fellowship program opportunities in Abdominal Imaging and Intervention, Breast Imaging and Intervention, Musculoskeletal Radiology, Vascular Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology, Emergency Radiology and Cardiothoracic Radiology.
The Department of Radiology at UTHSCA commits to “Making Lives Better” for our patients, our practice, and our community. Thank you for your interest and for visiting our site.